Monday, March 11, 2013

Chompastompasouras

So this morning my son comes to me all excited and says, "What animal are we learning about today?"

"Um......"

I totally forgot to research a new extinct animal for our lesson.  In fact, the only thing I had planned for the day was a St. Patrick's day craft.  Wow, I wasn't prepared at all and he was super excited.  I considered looking up an animal quickly, but I didn't really have the time or energy (I've been a little under the weather) to put together a whole lesson.  So instead, I said, "Today is going to be awesome because we're going to make up our own extinct animal!"

Meet the Chompastompasouraus:

We played a little "20 Questions" to come up with all the details.  This particular extinct creature is larger than a hotel, has sharp teeth, is blue, has scales, and wears clothes.  Oh, and he has 100 legs...of course.  In the picture, you'll see the hotel on the right with some scared people looking out.  The animal's legs are as tall as the hotel with his little body sitting on top.

Now under the legs, you'll see a person.  Legend has it that one brave individual attacked the monstrous creature and struck his left leg!  The leg instantly broke.  Taking advantage of the beast's weakness, the hero quickly struck the other leg!  Down went the Chompastompasouraus!  And as my son puts it, "That's what made him extinct."

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment