Saturday, February 23, 2013

Geography Lesson

Hmmm...it looks like I didn't set up a tab for Geography Lessons.  We do them every other week when I need to fill in some time.  Basically, I printed out a black and white map of the continents and let him color them in whatever colors he wanted.  That was lesson one.  Then we played Geography Freddie the Frog Hop (Ok, this is sounding familiar.  I did do a post about this game.  I made up cards of destinations that Freddie the Frog wanted to go, then I printed off individual continent maps.  I made a bunch notecards that had all the continent names - one name per card - then we took turns drawing a card.  If Freddy wanted to hop to that continent, we marked it off our map.  If not, we just put the card back and the next person went.  I'll have to post pictures of the game.  It was actually pretty fun.)

The last lesson we did was pretty simple.  I got beads that were color coded to the map he colored.  I called out a continent and he had to put the corresponding color bead on the continent.  This really helped him because he's such a hands on learner.  By the end of the game, he could name 6 of the 7 continents!  ..... Still forgets Europe.  Sorry Europe!

No comments:

Post a Comment